Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Preston loves Head Country - and what about that cannon?

You make us proud!
Preston eating his favorite breakfast food - Head Country on Cheese and whole wheat


Harold Codding commented on your photo.

Harold wrote:
"I actually buy a bottle or two every time I go to OK just so I will never run out.  I can DRINK this stuff! And, everyone who ever tastes it at my house always wants a bottle for themselves!"

Cheryl Robinson Cranford commented on your photo.

Cheryl wrote:
"When Head Country was still in Shidler (mid-70's), I worked for them part-time.  I used to go to grocery stores in Ponca City, etc. and sell bbq sandwiches 4 for a dollar to get people hooked so they'd buy the bbq sauce!  That was when they were first getting their product on the shelves in stores.  Good stuff!"

Sandy Aldrich commented on your photo.

Sandy wrote:
"We love head country BQ Sauce.  Good choice, Preston."

 
Russell Whiles commented on your photo.

Russell wrote:
"The young fellow has most excellent taste! A side note here...Karen and I worked in the Head Country Plant, for almost a year...she on the bottling crew, and I as the Sauce Cook! Eat more sauce!"

Danny really did put Shidler on the map.  I remember Bud and Tom Head brewing up a batch at their house when I was growing up.  They lived just west of Benny, Paul and Cathy Eaton's house (just a little trivia to show you I did not forget everything).  Bud and Tom were farmers and ranchers like everyone else but they were also welders and could fix about anything.  But what everyone knew them for was their sauce and how they roasted chicken and beef on an outdoor grill they built.  Each year there were several events where their bar-b-q was the food for the night with their sauce.  It does not get any better than HEAD COUNTRY.  If you look on the bottle Danny has honored them with the cattle brand from the ranch on every bottle.

One more thing:  Danny has a cannon pointing at my house on the lake and that does not seem so friendly.  What do you think?  How would you feel if someone pointed a cannon at you?

Thanks for the memories.

and 

Thanks for your time,
gary@thepioneerman.com


No comments: