Sunday, February 27, 2011

Blessings - you and I are blessed to grow up in the Osage

Blessings (somehow this one never posted when it was supposed to)

I don’t know about you but when I start worrying about my problems of money and friends or even my pride I take a look around and I find my life blessed. Yesterday I stopped by to light the furnice for two guys who live thier lives in almost isolation because they are mentally handicapped. If that were all it might not sound so bad.
One of these two young men has lived his ENTIRE life in an instution until the last 5 years. He was not challenged or even loved. He was barely talked to. For the last five years he has lived in a house managed by the state/DHS. He almost starved to death and was down to 73 lbs. We were told he does not like to be touched and is paranoid of getting outside the house. Well I am here to tell you he went to Braum’s for the FIRST time in his life. I was blessed to take him with my wife.  He loved ice cream.
Have a marvelous day and count your blessings.

Thanks for your time,
gary@thepioneerman.com

No comments: