Tuesday, November 20, 2012

When I .....

It is a great thing that we don't know all the challenges we have to go through in life a head of time!  If we did we probably would not venture out of the comfort zone we all live in.  Think about it.  If each of us knew we were going to have an illness because of something we ate or be unhealthy because we did not exercise or suffer so much because we smoked we might change, or would we?  I think we are creatures of habit and what does not effect us quickly we ignore the consequences.  But that is not what I am writing about.  What I am writing about is the journey I started almost 60 years ago that led me to today.  Here is my first and maybe my last attempt to a little poetry:

When I

When I was young and clumsey
When I was happy and active
When I was big and shy
When I was in a hurry
When I was in trouble
When I worked hard
When I made mistakes
When I had my first love
When I had my heart broken
When I was disappointed
When I was successful
When I ........................

I became who I am

I took all those emotions and experiences and put them in a pot, stirred it with passion and disappointment, happiness and sadness to make a person who I hope is what God wants me to be.

I am going to have a great day.  What did you decide to have?

Today I start a new journey

What the Osage gave me was a brighter future.
Thanks for your time,
gary@thepioneerman.com


No comments: