Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Heroes in your life

Probably, like most of you, there are heroes in your life that do not know the impact they had.  That is precisely why I started writing this blog.  You see the ironic thing is what motivated me to finally start blogging was the funeral for Don Kelsey and tomorrow is the service to remember Dorothy who passed away a few days ago.  Don and Dorothy and probably Kenny, just kidding, it does include Kenny impacted me with their lives.  You see heroes are those folks who in small ways and big ways made a difference in your life.  Too many times they do not get honored enough.

Here in a nut shell is how they affected my life and effected my life.   How do you like that Mrs. Head?  Oh well, Don of course was my first boss outside of Dad and he was a good example of working hard and getting rewarded for your efforts.  He was an encouragement because he was willing to try new things, like building a helicopter.  Dorothy gave me her love, her smile and encouragement and her laugh was infectious. She was a delight no matter what was going on in her life.  Kenny got her laugh and was creative beyond anyone his age.

Kenny would not even know it but I fell in love with art because I saw what he could do in drawing and was amazed by it.  I took art history in college and visited art museums around the world.  My wife always tells me how strange it is for me to have grown up in Grainola and Shidler and to have such an appreciation for art and poetry and other high brow type stuff.  Now figure that out will you?  I will have to tell you I do enjoy plays and music but some of that really high brow stuff puts me to sleep and in particular the symphony!  That is like taking a sleeping pill.

Heroes, make a list of those who made a difference and tell them before it is too late.  I know we all hesitate to do that because we are afraid we will forget someone and hurt their feelings.  I propose to you that you can make a BIG difference in someones life if you will tell them how they encouraged or helped you, even in the smallest way.

Well in summary, thank you EVERYONE FROM GRAINOLA AND SHIDLER  and the surrounding area for making a positive difference.

Thanks for your time,
gary@thepioneerman.com

No comments: