Monday, May 14, 2012

What do you know

First off the title does not say it like I like and should be, "Whataya know".  Second, I would have to say after one of my dear friends called and told me, "sometimes a blind squirrel gets lucky every now and then" thanks to Larry Travis who was a friend, just kidding.  Well today that blind squirrel was me.

Thanks to friends and family here is another response, "even a broken clock is right twice a day", thanks Matt Davis who use to be one of my nephews.

 I passed the CFP class which stands for Certified Financial Planner.  Yes I have been doing this work for some time but it was one of those things in my "bucket list".  Frankly I was blown away at how comprehensive and complex the study was.  I packed two years into about 10 months going to class three nights a week over the Internet for three hours a night.  Then studying was at a minimum of 2 hours a day on the average and I would suggest that sometimes it was 8 to 10 hours a day as the test got closer.  During the course I had six study areas with 10 tests per study area plus one practical exam then there was a three hour final after each area.  If that were not enough I took over 40 practice tests after the course was complete and then I took a review class which was another 2 month over the Internet review class much like the previous.  WOW!

I was overwhelmed and my family and in particular my wife put up with a missing in action husband for those 10 months.  My garden suffered a lot as well.  They sacrificed so very much for me and most of all I want to thank my Lord for the blessings I received in this effort.

This is what you learn if you are from the Osage:

  • You can do more than you think you can
  • You are smarter than you think you are
  • Hard work creates luck
  • Faith creates blessings 
  • Tenacity is a gift from God so "use it or lose it"
Thanks for your time,
gary@thepioneerman.com
 P.S. If you need someone to help you do some personal planning about financing, trust planning, or retirement planning and much more give me a call.  That is what I do.  405-410-2918

No comments: