Friday, November 25, 2011

Quiche - men don't eat Quiche

It can't be good cause my Momma did not make it, at least back in the days I lived in the Osage.  But I have to say I have branched out and my wife makes a pretty good Quiche.  I know it sounds french or something but it really is pretty good and Shouna, my wife of 37 years, made me try it.  Actually mom made me try it as well but not when I lived in the Osage.  We did not mix things up that did not normally belong together on a plate.

 I don't know what has gotten into me but I have been writing a bunch of stories of late, anyway here is the recipe.

Here goes:
1 lb. Hot sausage, cooked and drained
8 eggs beaten to a pulp
1 teaspoon salt, the real stuff
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup shredded cheese (sharp)
2 cups croutons
2 cups milk
refrigerate 12 hours then bake at 350 for 40 minutes

Well this is my mom's recipe and not my wife's but it is pretty good eat'n.

So what do you learn from the eat'n Quiche in the Osage?

  • breakfast, dinner and supper (get it?)
  • Try something new sometimes and it might work out
  • It can't kill you
Thanks for your time,
gary@thepioneerman.com

No comments: