Monday, March 7, 2011

How could Amanda Payne be Johnnie's daughter?

This weekend I had the pleasure of meeting Amanda Payne at the Saturday night steak night at her restaurant in Shidler.  Everyone was eating steak and they looked magnificent (not the people stupid).  I did not get to eat as I had to go over to the Shidler High School for the Fireman's Chile Cooking contest (lead by Todd Rowe who is brother to Shelly and Carol and brother to Vern).  Anyone who reads this should know to go to Shidler on Saturday's as this is the "steak night".
Holton, Shirley, Mary Ann, and Jane


Anyway I was talking to Holton and Jane Payne and Shirley and Mary Ann Sullivan who went to school starting at Webb City when there was still a high school when Holton pointed out Amanda.  Well I tried to pay for my iced tea and Amanda wouldn't let me but I did observe that she was just too pretty and she had to get her good looks from her mom, not Johnnie.  Besides she does not have a mustache like John's.  For you gullible ones she does not have a mustache, it was a joke.

Here are a few pics and if you have not been up there in a while you should go, on Saturday and get a steak from Amanda.

Thanks for your time,
gary@thepioneerman.com

Books to pick up about the Osage:  just click on the title
What's Cookin' in Burbank, Okla.
 Little John: The Webb City kid

No comments: