Friday, March 25, 2011

Great Teachers make Great students


Thank you for these comments and I don't need to say more other than there are a lot of teachers who made a difference.

In Honor of Those Teachers here are some of the comments:


David McCollum commented on your link.
David wrote: "Gladys Snyder was terrific, as were most of our Shidler educators. I say this even though she gave me my only "B" in high school. I couldn't convince her that my 92.468 average could be rounded to a 93. Consequently the B+. Mrs. Snyder always took time with those who needed help, and gave special assignments to the brainiacs like Delores Van Camp and Allen DiVall. Our teacher taught because they loved to teach. I thank each of them for what they did for Shidler."
 
Marcus B. Whitt II commented on your link.
Marcus wrote: "Gladys was not only a wonderful teacher but a truly wonderful person. I will always remember her willingness to help some of us that, at times, were struggling with trig and calculus. She save my butt many a times by taking the personal time to help me. She was my favorite high school teacher!"



Jesse Garrison commented on your link.
Jesse wrote: "in the late sixties and early seventies there were five military pilots maybe more from Shidler at the same time. I know each and every one had Gladys Snyder as a teacher for at least algebra, trig, geometry, maybe calculus with some of these classes being primary for aviation studies. Not to mention all of the successful engineers, chemists, doctors, pharmacists, etc., who use math in their daily lives."
Vicki Hathcoat Godbehere commented on your link.
Vicki wrote: "Yes - she did - I told her that one year at homecoming! So did Mrs. Head - and I told her too! Her College Prep classes gave me the ability to speak and write proper English - and I am SO grateful for that and her!"
Marlene Fields commented on your link.
Marlene wrote: "She most certainly did, as did all the other "old" teachers we all had! What a great woman!"
Thanks for your time,
gary@thepioneerman.com



No comments: