Thursday, December 16, 2021

A Wet Wooly and save a few bucks

Larry Olson and Kenny Kelsey                  Sally and Beth Shumate

Now you may not know what I am talking about when I say I first learned about a wet wooly, but I am going to tell you.  At our house in Grainola there were many times that the Snyders (Gladys, Billy and Suzie) and/or the Shumates (Mrs., Janie, and Sally) would visit us, 1 mile North and 3 West down on Beaver Creek.  That of course is from downtown Grainola.  

One evening the Shumate family was at our house and Larry and Sally and myself were sitting on our very old brown couch (it never wore out).  I think Larry and Sally were both in college at the time and they had learned some new antics.  Anyway, Sally was sitting between the two of us and Sally (at least I think it was her) stuck her finger in her mouth and got it nice and wet, then she stuck it in my ear.  I thought it was Larry, so I put my hand behind Sally and pushed her forward.  Then I took my fist and let Larry have it on his shoulder.  I forgot to mention that the wet finer being put in my ear is a WET WOOLY.  Well, I hit him so hard he rolled over the arm of the couch and fell on the floor yelling.  I did not feel bad one bit for that and even if Sally did it, they were both guilty as they were laughing and a little too proud for their trickery.

Next week, December 21st, 2021, Shouna and I will be married 25 happy years.  Not bad 25 out of 47, that was a joke.  Anyway, I tried a wet wooly on my wife early on in our marriage and it just did not go over too well.  I thought it was pretty funny, but not her.

So, what do you learn from your big brother or what do you learn in the Osage?

  • A wet wooly is not a good idea in making your wife happy
  • Orneriness behavior has its roots in the Osage
  • Older brothers can be a pain in the ear
  • Memories are good for the heart
Thanks for listening,
gary
gary@mylifelegacy.co

How to save a few bucks:  call your friends and learn to play cards, like 10-point pitch or spades.  It can save you a lot of money rather than going out to eat and you will create better friends and memories.






No comments: