Saturday, February 27, 2021

Is life a goal or an objective or a passion or a journey?

Is life a goal or an objective or a passion or a journey? 

 Looking back to the Osage and where my first business venture took place, selling terrapins (you need to search the blog to know that story) will lead you to the story in this picture. 

 I should mention that every picture tells at least one story and this one tells a lot of stories. (2003 Shouna and Anne Beiler, Auntie Anne's Pretzels) For about 7 years we owned and operated the Auntie Anne's Pretzel stores in Oklahoma (8). The picture is of Shouna (my wife) and Anne Bieler, the founder of Auntie Anne's. It was a fun and trying experience and we learned a lot about business and ourselves. I learned to make a pretzel in mid-air and on a pretzel table. I learned that having 8 stores all over the state plus a full time job in the finance industry can put a little stress on the family and friends. The great thing is we traveled together, worked together expanded our relationships and our journey in life. Our children saw that we knew how to work and what it takes to be successful in business and most importantly in life and marriage. 

 What you don't see in this picture that I can see is a wife dedicated to her husband and his ideas and dreams and hopes. You do see the excitement in the faces of two ladies getting to know each other while on a mission to build a life. This is also a picture of a few of the threads of life that become part of the fabric which becomes in our case 46 years of marriage (December 21, 2021). So what I am saying is this is one picture that tells a piece of the story of our life.
Our journey is not complete but it has its twists and turns everyday and we embrace them in that we know God's plan is not our plan. I choose to believe this is a journey and I have passions of what I like and enjoy doing especially with my wife.
 
 So what do you learn in the Osage?
  • Our experiences give our journey and our story color that we embrace, even if it is sometimes trying
  • We can focus on the bad times or the good times but it is your/my choice
  • If you are perfect then you do not have to forgive me for my faults
  • My focus is not on what my feelings are but on the journey that Christ gives me
Thanks for listening,
gary
gary@mylifelegacy.co
or take a look at mylifelegacy.co and see what we are up to

No comments: