Thursday, October 22, 2020

Madelon Hart Fisher letter on Carter Nine

 


I am always delighted to receive letters like the one from Madelon Hart Fisher who grew up in the Osage.  In fact I am going to ask anyone who reads my blog to please write me a letter including pictures that you are willing for me to include in my blog or book.  And Yes, I am planning on another book but this one is going to be your stories.  I would ask that you write as many stories as you like knowing that they may not get published or saved for later and that you are not going to get any compensation other than knowing you shared your story and it might get published on the blog or in a book.  I know all of you have great stories and I want to hear them, so please write:

send to 

    Gary Olson 

    12501 Dutch Forest Place

    Edmond, OK 73013


I know many of you personally and it would be an honor for me to have you participate.  Here are just a few things you might consider but the list is endless:

    what I remember about my grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles, teachers, coaches, etc....

    who was the biggest impact on my life and why

    what unusual thing happened as an adult or child or while in college (all must be reasonably PG)

    what were my greatest fears and why

    what was it like being in the military and why I served 

    what was your biggest mistake in life, or biggest success or both

    what wisdom would you want to share

    the list goes on and on but you get the picture


Now back to Carter Nine and Madelon:  (you could write about your home town and what you remember about it just like Madelon and don't forget to tell a little about where you are now and just your life story.)  One more thing:  try to make each story one or two pages and feel free to give multiple stories and if you have to, make it long).


Carter Nine:











So what do you learn in the Osage?
  • things change
  • little things mean a lot and memories are what make relationships
  • invest in others and they will invest in you
thanks for listening,
gary
gary@thepioneerman.com

you are welcome to send your story email to gary@mylifelegacy.co






No comments: