Monday, December 19, 2011

Throw pillows

I remember when throw pillows came to our house and now I wonder how many children are having emotional problems today because of it. You see I thought throw pillows were to be thrown. Remember what Helen Head and Mrs. steabler and all those English teachers taught us about word tenses and how to speak clearly and then along comes THROW PILLOWS. that threw me for loop, get it?

You guessed it! We threw those pillows at each other and beat each other over the head. When we were done we had thrown them down. And then the wrath of my mother and probably yours came down because we were doing what we were supposed to do with THROW PILLOWS. MAN, I WAS CONFUSED FOR YEARS. can someone explain to me how come a person can be in trouble for taking action which was implied by the name of the pillow introduced by my very own mother? I trusted her beyond a shadow of a doubt. Why would she buy THROW PILLOWS to sit there?

Now all that psychology we learned did not mean a hill of beans because if my mom or dad told me to do something I knew the consequences. So when I assumed by good logic that THROW PILLOWS meant I could use them as weapons against my brother and sister I was in deep trouble. No excuses, just poor judgement in assuming throw pillows meant what it was designed for.

Is that an oxymoron?

So what do your learn in the Osage?

* just because it seems correct it may not be
* physics work - for each action there is an equal and opposite action, like throw a throw pillow and a swat on the bottom comes back
* logic does not always work but common sense would have saved me, I knew better
* There is no excuse for bad behavior

Thanks for your time.
Gary@thepioneerman.com
P.s. Steve Broughton wants to know what was Grainola's mascot and does anyone know of someone who has a Grainola class ring as he is collecting them.

No comments: