Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pecan Pie

Well I told you about picking up pecans and cleaning them so now I want to share with you my Mom's Pecan Pie.  Mom has always been a great cook and her Pecan Pie is about as good as it gets.  I will say that Elaine Davis, my sister in law, is pretty dang good at pecan pie making.  She adds a little Cherokee flavoring to it.

So here it is:
 4 tablespoons melted butter (the real thing)
3 eggs - not those cheap little things but big ones
1 cup white syrup (Karo is what I like)
1 cup white sugar (Cains was what we always had)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 and 1/4 cups pecans (Mom likes her chopped)
  some folks like them whole

Beat eggs slightly ( do I need to explain)
add rest of ingredients- mix well
Stir in pecans

Bake 375 degrees 40 to 50 minutes

It may kill you but you will die happy.

What did you learn from the Osage?

  • Thanksgiving and Christmas are made for Pecan Pie
  • Work brings great rewards (pick pecans and get PIE)
  • Has anyone asked you what's a PIEWAY?
    • about a pound or two
Thanks for listening,
Merry Christmas and bologna on that political correctness CRAP
gary@thepioneerman.com

No comments: