Monday, September 26, 2016

What matters most

I would have to say I feel blessed even when I feel betrayed.  Don't you just hate  it when someone you trusted disappoints.  Like always my wife figured it out long before I ever did.  Have you ever listened to someone give you a line of bull_____ on why they were doing something and you knew better?  Sure you have.  You may even have tried it yourself sometime.  It just don't work.  Sorry for the bad English.  One thing I have learned in life is just say it like it is and don't add any bull____ to cover up the mess cause it just becomes a bigger mess once you have stepped in it.  Do you  get it yet?  If you don't get it then go out into a pasture where the cattle roam and find a fresh cow patty and then step in it.  You will then understand.

Earlier this week I listened to someone giving me a list of excuses on why they were doing something and I knew it was a bunch of BS (do I have to explain?).  It really does not matter but I learned a lot about the person which I should have known but I have a tendency to look for all the good in a person and ignoring or at lease giving the benefit of the doubt. 

Another thing that really gets to me is when folks make bad decisions and then blame it on God.   For example:  It is a God thing.  I do believe God is in control but I also believe he gives us a free choice so we can screw up on our own.  God does not make us greedy, selfish, uncaring, rude and insensitive.  Those are choices we make.  We decide how we want to be treated and we treat folks or at least should treat folks how we want to be treated. 

Sometimes you just gotta say it like you think it.

So what do you learn in the Osage?

  • if it ain't broke, don't fix it
  • sometimes we just say stupid stuff and we will regret it for a long time
  • sometimes I get lucky and say something really good and then I forget it
thanks for listening,
gary@thepioneerman.com

"a funny thing happened on my way to hell, I got saved saved saved!" 

I just loved that song.

 

No comments: