Monday, June 13, 2011

It is a Great Day

Life is moving back to normal and with a little luck I will get to do some blogging this week.

Life was simpler in the Osage, at least from my perspective.  I was not concerned with what was going on around the world except for Vietnam of course.  In fact I do remember seeing at the bottom of every newscast how many were killed each day during that crisis/war.  Well back to where I was, life allowed you to spend more time with friends and not be so focused on getting ready for the next event.  Now my parents may not agree but it sure seemed to me that I was not multi-tasking everything. 

This time of year was a delight as it neared the wheat harvest.  Prior to the heads coming out on the stalks and all the new varieties making wheat shorter (anyone remember that big change) I loved hiding in the wheat while it was still green.  The wheat was tall enough you could hide real easy or just lay there and watch the soft spring clouds roll by.  Those were great days.

Another time that especially stuck out to me was later in the summer about July when Kenny Kelsey and Don (his dad) and I were hauling hay on the Drummond Ranch there were some clouds in the sky but for some reason there was a circular rainbow over head.  We looked and watched for a while wondering what was going on.  As it turned out it made the papers and was a result of some ice crystals and cloud that created the appearance of a rainbow. 

You just can't get it like you can in the Osage.

Did I learn anything from that in the Osage?

  • Absolutely:  If you are not looking for something you will certainly not find anything.
  • There is dramatically more to do in the Osage than in any big city.
  • You may feel closer to God but I am confident that God is closer to you in the Osage
Thanks for your time,
gary@thepioneerman.com

No comments: