Friday, January 14, 2011

Great Friends filled with Eggs and Paint and Creativity

Eddy Harris was a great friend and relative and representative of what was and is the Osage.Eddy and I grew up one mile apart and he was my closest neighbor and if you remember from the previous stories his family was on our "party line" meaning we shared the same telephone line.  There were three hills between our houses and we would bicycle to each others house often where we put our creative minds to work.  This is where the chemestry of two cousins really works.Story one     Eggs -- I should tell you this only occured up until we were about 7 or 8 or 9 then we matured into wonderful young men.  Eddy and I liked to go to the chicken house and gather eggs.  The problem was we did not ever get back to the house with all the eggs.  Eddy and I had throwing contests to see what we could hit. That seems pretty innocent except that eggs were what we took to the store, Dale's Feed Seed and Fertilizer Store, and traded for groceries.  So you can see we were taking a calculated risk on our ability to eat.  Anyway one day Eddy and I were throwing eggs at the door when Dad, Cliff, opened the door a little too fast.  I honestly do not remember who threw the egg but we were caught and that egg landed on Dad's hat with a smack.  Dad proceeded to yell at us and scared us to death.  Now if you don't know, Dad was a small person, about 135 lbs. but I believe he was made of steel.  He was scarey and he could cuss.  Now for those of you who do not know what that means or have heard it cussing is where you take a perfectly good sentence and add wods like shit and damn and GD and it goes from there.  Well anyway, Eddy and I got an attitude adjustment and were reminded about the value of eggs and respect for property and how to use our minds to think rather than relying on our emotions to make decisions.  We were also told about consequences for bad behavior and I never needed an authority outside of my paretns and God.Well I have abused your time but thanks for listening.In summary here is what I learned:   Sometimes you have to take chances but calculate the risk and reward   There are consequences but don't blame anyone else for your bad decisions and give credit to those who taught you when you do something right.  Gary    take a look at www.wingsok.org and get involved.  I do not understand why this blog does not keep my paragraphs and spacing so please forgive the formattinng.  Hopefully I will learn how this works. Gary
Posted by Picasa

No comments: